Members of the Chorale must audition every two years. The next all-choir auditions will be held in August 2013.
As occasional vacancies occur between regularly scheduled auditions, qualified singers interested in being considered are always welcome to contact the Director and inquire about a possible audition.
You will be required to sing a song or aria of your choice that demonstrates the quality of your voice and musicianship. Your selection should be approximately 2-3 minutes in length, or if it is longer, you may be asked to perform a portion of the piece. An accompanist will be provided.
You will also be asked to vocalize to demonstrate range and aural/sight-singing skills. The audition will last about 7 minutes. The Wichita Chamber Chorale Artistic Director and Personnel Manager will be considering the following when determining membership:
- Vocal amplitude and endurance
- Vocal range
- Ability to be flexible with vocal color/weight (eg. vibrato vs.minimal vibrato/straight tone)
- Performance demeanor and communication abilities
- Sight-reading and aural skills
- Record of exemplary performance and commitment in choirs and musical activities
Thank you for your interest in the Wichita Chamber Chorale.